How to Learn More

This site and the Internet contain more information to help child care agencies and the parents/families they serve learn more about child care quality programs and resources. Check out some of the items below that can help you find out more about the Tennessee child care licensing programs and more about quality child care in general.

Visit Tennessee Department of Human Services (TDHS) Online

Visit the TDHS Child Care web page. There you can find a wealth of information about…

  • training, technical assistance, and other resources
  • licensure rules for child care agencies
  • food program
  • Licensed Child Care agency participation in the Child Care Certificate Program

…and even information for parents.


Submit your program question or comment to the Tennessee Assessment Anchors.

Links to Other Sources

Visit the Links page for more information from the federal government, from studies and universities, from other states, and from private agencies concerned with quality child care.

More Links

Contact your local TDHS Assessment Unit for more information about program assessments.

Contact your local TDHS Child Care Licensing office for Licensed Child Care information.

Contact your local Tennessee Child Care Resource and Referral for more information about developmentally appropriate child care and finding child care.

Contact the Tennessee Early Childhood Training Alliance to connect with professional development opportunities in early childhood.

Contact TOPSTAR to connect with professional support for Family Child Care and Group Child Care agency professionals.

Contact AimHiTN (Association of Infant Mental Health in Tennessee) for information on infant social and emotional development

The Department of Education provides the Tennessee Early Learning Development Standards- TNELDS – for building educational foundations in early childhood.

The Tennessee Department of Health has resources for Early Childhood

Link to Tennessee State Services and information on health, education, development and support at kidcentral tn.

The University of Tennessee Social Work Office of Research and Public Service (UT SWORPS) anchors the Assessment program.

Tennessee Department of Human Services Child Care Certificate Program provides information for parents and child care agencies on child care assistance.

The Child and Adult Care Food Program provides aid to child and adult care institutions and family or group child care homes as well as information on nutritious foods.